- Investing For Good Home >
- In the community
Capital One’s "Investing for Good Awards" support nonprofits in Central Virginia in four key building blocks of economic opportunity: affordable housing, small business and workforce development, education and financial literacy.
Kids across the country received more than 50,000 books when Capital One and our partner The Heart of America Foundation encouraged readers everywhere to help decide how many and which books would be donated to students and schools.
Charles Hart Middle School in Washington, D.C., was transformed from a violence-prone school to an oasis of learning for students living in the District of Columbia's Ward 8, a neighborhood where nearly a third of all families live in poverty.
In Washington D.C., Capital One, nonprofits, and community leaders are building on the strengths of the Ward 8 community to expand economic opportunities in this high-unemployment area where more than a third of all families live in poverty.
Working with the St. Bernard Project in New Orleans, LA, Capital One offers financial and volunteer support to rebuild homes, provide affordable housing, and create well-paying jobs for returned war veterans and under-employed citizens.
- Teacher's Wish To Alleviate Hunger Comes True
Dec 19, 2014
- Capital One Invests in Revitalization of South Dallas, Texas
Aug 20, 2014
- Capital One Recognized as One of America's Top 50 Community-Minded Companies
Dec 6, 2013
- Women's Empowerment Session Highlights COF Service
Nov 6, 2013
- Volunteers in Richmond Work on Beautification Project
Oct 25, 2013 View More...
- Making Investments in Youth Unemployment
Mar 18, 2014
- Hiring our Heroes: Businesses Have a Mission to Accomplish
Jul 23, 2013
- Putting Books in Children's Lives
Oct 12, 2012
- Castle Gardens–Where Second Chances Flourish
Sep 6, 2012